New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 56 visitors.
 All Forums
 Chit Chat
 Blairsville Area Forums on Topix
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  4:15:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kiss......to you too

Are you still a Buckeye fan?

Thatís really the one thing that will save the world. For all of us to live with more tolerance.
K. McGowanGo to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  4:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honey....Go Buckeyes...But I do thin Tim Tebow is a hunk

..........KISS.......

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  4:26:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honeybee, my grandson wanted me to thank you and he loves the honey and honey comb. It is almost gone. Thanks for making his day.

ShucksGo to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  4:27:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rouge; I will agree with you on that, but don't tell anyone else I said that.

Thatís really the one thing that will save the world. For all of us to live with more tolerance.
K. McGowan

Edited by - HoneyBee on 08/18/2008 4:28:21 PMGo to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  4:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See Honey.Now I can't even type

........KISS....

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  4:29:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Honeybee, my grandson wanted me to thank you and he loves the honey and honey comb. It is almost gone. Thanks for making his day.

Shucks

No problem, he is a cutie pie. Tell him when he runs out I can try and get him some more.

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  4:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honeybee, email me sometime and let me know how your horse, ummm, I mean puppy is doing, LOL!

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  4:39:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My horse dog is beautiful, wonderful and smart.
He likes to drink from the water hose.
Ride in the back of the truck.
Eat my plants and flowers.
Will fetch and return and sit. I have to stand up when he comes running back because if I lean down he knocks me over.
If I am in the yard, he won't go if someone call's him, he stays with me.
He holds my hand in his mouth to lead me
He is 8 months old and is over 100 pounds.
I am working with the bank for a personal loan to buy dog food hahahaha

why

USA
2072 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  5:16:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After reading all the stuff on this topic I decided to have a look at the Topix postings. I have never wanted to turn loose my fingers on a long and searing post about the pea brained members who seem to post over and over on there with their limited mental capacity........

BUT, I was reminded of an old saying of a wise man, "There's no use arguing with an idiot because they don't know when they lose".

whyGo to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  6:54:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

ana

United States
61 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  11:21:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit ana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rouge, dear, please don't let the children or the small minded chase you away. We love you, your sense of humor, your insight into things. Please stick around.

Look at those sad people, consider the source, and then, ignore them.

Gray you couldn't be more right! I have never posted over there. Who knows you may start seeing my name along with others. I am continually being accused of being another poster on all three sites. A select few are convinced I am someone else and have frequently attacked me and others for being that poster. I have no desire to spin such a deceptive web, nor do I have the time to organize all of that trash in my head. Although I find the posts on topix to be rather abrasive, I did find it amusing that some folks thought I was over there posting especially on the first day of school. Anyone who knows anything about school got a hugh laugh about that. In my opinion those that post over there under assumed names are the bigger jokes. I read over there from time to time and my husband and I get a big laugh out of some of the posts. However, things that are directed at me on any of the forums just roll off of my back like water on a ducks back. LOL! Those that attack me are minimal and insignificant. Most have already proven their worth by their behavior.

Bill and Erik I think you seem to have a very respectful forum with a good and honest mission. There are a few bad seeds in every bunch and there is just no way to rid them from the bunch. I think that no matter what you all say over there it will fall on deaf ears.
I say just ignore them for it shall be as always. People will say what they will say and believe what they will believe. Continue to provide a high quality site and the negative claims will be denied.Go to Top of Page

Gumbee

151 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  02:04:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Gumbee, if people knew who you were personally and someone was wrongly accusing you, how would you feel?

If you had a business and it was being trashed and people were reading it and basing their opinion of your business on those post, then you would take it as personal.

That's why I can understand the brothers post over there. IF they were totally anonymous and no one knew them it would be different.

However, I do agree with you about ignoring it. Hopefully that person will get bored and find other pursuits.

I honestly do understand. And more.

Go to Top of Page

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  08:25:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awwww, Honeybee, thanks for the update. I think of ya'll often!

Go to Top of Page

why

USA
2072 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  08:40:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Too bad the poster on Topix doesn't have enough mental power to create his own quote and had to use mine. I can guarantee (he, she or it)didn't hear it from the source as I am one of the few who knows where it originated.

The preceding was an "UNPAID" posting containing the thoughts and feelings of the poster, me.

whyGo to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  09:32:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why, I don't think you or any of us here have to defend ourselves from over there anymore.

We all know it is one or two who is creating the problems and trying to harm friendships that have developed between individual people and all of us.

One has even pretended to have been a friend of mine in school which was untrue and then turned around and tried to pretend they were a particular friend.

Mind games that is all. I believe everyone on this board has enough sense to realize it for what it is "trash" and is smart enough to ignore it. Sometimes you have to take out the trash and sometimes you can just kick it to the curb and ignore it.

That's what I do.

Peace ya'll

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2008 :  09:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought this would be more appropriate place to put my Morning Cup of Verse. I always try to do a Rhema search according to my trials of the day and this is what I found last night.

James 3

13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.

14 But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth.

15 Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil.

16 For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice.

17 But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.

18 Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness.

Laurel

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  2:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Laurel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine called me and said that someone is posting on Topix and using language similar to mine. For the record, I do not post on Topix. Go to Top of Page
coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  5:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just stay away. They are saying very unkind things about two nice men.

Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  6:10:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

My theory is if you do stay away, then it tends to go away. 

"Laughter add's 8 years to your life, so laugh damnit!"Go to Top of Page

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  12:34:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the Blairsville Topix is much to controversial and mean spirited for me. I prefer a forum without personal attacks where ideas and differing opinions can be exchanged in a civil, non combative manner, without vitriolic discourse. Yes, I have been guilty of some of this but over the months have decided that is not the best way.

I guess I am getting soft in my old age. I much prefer to rock on my deck and sip Cafe Vienna.

The brothers have done an admirable job in maintaining decorum.

Shucks

Edited by - shucks on 08/24/2008 12:38:55 PMGo to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

© 2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

© 2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy