New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 7 visitors.

All Forums
 Introductions & Welcomes
 Country Folks are KIND!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Thnku

United States
1 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  07:20:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thnku's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My family goes way back in Blairsville, my Grandmother taught school there many years ago. Family land has stayed in the family for generations. Recently my Father lost his wife to cancer. They were always together at many stores and restaurants, everyone knew she was sick. My father still goes to those places without her. Sometimes he still cries in her memory. He is elderly and this was a hard blow to him. I am his daughter, my sister and I (no spring chickens ourselves)take turns going up almost every weekend. What we see blows us away. People who know him and know what has happened come up to him and touch his shoulder when they take his order. They call him by name and bring him extra napkins when they see him cry. They care.

Due to the strength he has gained from all who have contact with him on a daily basis he is moving forward and finding it easier to be alone.

My sister and I would like to say, "Thank you Blairsville, Thank you Hole in the Wall, Thank you Home Depot, Thank you United Community Bank, Thank you Radio Shack,Thank you Senior Center,
you have been kind."

That's the way it is in the country, everyone cares!

familyof5

United States
2 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2011 :  3:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit familyof5's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Im so sad to hear about your grandmother. We all know it will happen to us one day, but that doesnt make the loss any easier. My heart goes out to your grandfather! This is what I enjoy hearing about a community though- the kindness that extends to those beyond the family. Blairsville sounds like a wonderful place.Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy