New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 11 visitors.

All Forums
 Introductions & Welcomes
 New Part-timer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Tony

United States
5 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2009 :  9:10:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tony's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

My wife and I are buying a place outside of Blairsville. We are excited and will close this coming Friday. We are from Florida (ohhh NO not another one!!!!). I have lived in Florida most of my life. My parents moved me to Florida in 1954 when I was 14. I have lived there ever since. I was told that you had to live in Florida for 50 years in order to be considered a native. I guess that I made it. My brother lives and works fulltime in the Blue Ridge area.

I am a retired USN (reserve) Chief Petty Officer (CPO) and also retired from Daytona Beach Community College. I was in the administration in charge of Information Services while at DBCC.

I have been reading the posts on this forum for a few months and have gained information about the area and some of the personalities that post here. I look forward to posting and meeting all of you.....

ILuvGa

United States
92 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  07:38:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit ILuvGa's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard Mr. Tony,
I am also from FL. But I am originally from Ga. I'll be moving there also in 2-3 yrs. I wishes ya the best of luck. Blairsville is a beautiful town.

Live, Laugh, Love to your fullestGo to Top of Page

meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  08:15:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum, Tony, and welcome to Blairsville.Go to Top of Page
Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  09:01:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Tony, welcome to Blairsville and the forum!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

bears way

United States
51 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  09:57:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit bears way's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome Tony and wife, I have lived in Florida since 1960,Miami
area mainly. Retired Ford Dealer and Honda Dealer. My wife ans I
bought outside of Blairsville also on 325. It has been almost four
years now, we love Blairsville and all the locals. They are really
a bunch of nice people. Gary

dreamlandGo to Top of Page

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  2:25:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome, I hope you enjoy it here! It's a great place to be!

Go to Top of Page

iamsam

United States
261 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  7:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit iamsam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum. We are glad to have you!! I am from Florida also, and between the newspapers and the forum I am able to keep up with what is going on in Blairsville.
Congratulations on your new house!!

777Go to Top of Page

hog wild

United States
180 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  7:48:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit hog wild's Homepage  Reply with Quote
welcome tony, the wife and i are also part timers from stuart fl. unfortunately we still have to work with 3 in college.

loud pipes save livesGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  9:38:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Tony and family!  We, too, are waiting to move to Blairsville, although we do have property and a place to live up there.  Can't wait until our house sells here in Miami.  Our next trip up will be the end of June.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas JeffersonGo to Top of Page

bears way

United States
51 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2009 :  7:25:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit bears way's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tony and Family, how did the closing go???? Now the fun starts, at least you picked the right time of year to move. Good luck to you
all. G&G

dreamlandGo to Top of Page

Tony

United States
5 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  3:17:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tony's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Tony and Family, how did the closing go???? Now the fun starts, at least you picked the right time of year to move. Good luck to you
all. G&G

dreamland

The closing went great. Everything went well. We left Florida at 5 AM in order to get to Blairsville by the closing time of 3 PM. First we stopped by the electric company in Young Harris and had it the account put in our name. The cost ($65) was a lot less than I had anticipated. Then on to the closing which as I said went well. The taxes were over half of what I expected.

The prior owners left pretty much everything in the house from toilet paper to a washer and dryer. We spent several days just discovering what we had and what we needed to buy. Of course my wife had to clean everything and rearange the cabinets. Tv was hooked up after the memorial day weekend and propane gas account put in our name.

At the moment we are back in Florida. We will be keeping our place in FL and be going back and forth. We will be back in a few weeks to begin finishing the basement with an additional bathroom and great room. We are excited and love the area.

Tony

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy