New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 7 visitors.

All Forums
 Events Calendar
 April 29: Spring Special Olympics 2009
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
polly

United States
239 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2009 :  12:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit polly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Spring Special Olympics is coming soon..
April 29..So Mr. Bill mark your calendar....It will be held in Union County...I'll post more when I get more info.

Philippians 4:13

polly

United States
239 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  10:51:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit polly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got the info about the Spring Special Olympics..
Mr. Bill don't forget to mark your calendar!

Date: April 29, 2009
Time: Events begin at 9:30 A.M.
Place: Mike Colwell Stadium (next to Elementary School)
Admission: Free
If ya get a chance come on out and cheer these young folks on..ya might just get a blessing! BTW Katybug will be participating in 2 events.

Philippians 4:13Go to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  11:19:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much for posting this , Polly. It's hard for me to know my schedule that much in advance, but I've marked it down and hope to be able to attend and cheer on these special athletes.

Go to Top of Page

polly

United States
239 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2009 :  5:12:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit polly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just a reminder...Special Olympics begins tomorrow morning at 9:30 AM.

IluvGa.

United States
236 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  10:58:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit IluvGa.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
I hope ya still get to have that Special Olmpics. Those kids are special, they really amaze you. I helped out once with them.

Kimmy, God is good all the time.Go to Top of Page

polly

United States
239 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  4:16:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit polly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I hope ya still get to have that Special Olmpics. Those kids are special, they really amaze you. I helped out once with them.

Kimmy, God is good all the time.

I don't know why you would think we wouldn't get to have the special olympics..but any way...

It was great...those kids are a joy to my heart. They all did really well!

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  6:31:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It was beautiful weather this morning and the athletes competed as scheduled. I got there too late to see any of it though. I really didn't know how long the games lasted but I think it was about 11:00am or may a little after when I got over there. I think the Kiwanis Club was serving refreshments/lunch?

Polly, if you know who to ask, I think it would be helpful if there were more of an itinerary (such as opening ceremony at x, welcome by y, etc) and an expected duration of time for this it would be helpful. I'm glad they all did well though!

Go to Top of Page

IluvGa.

United States
236 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  7:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit IluvGa.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well I am happy the weather was good and I bet those kids had a blast. I am glad all went well.

Kimmy, God is good all the time.Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy