New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 7 visitors.

All Forums
 Events Calendar
 May 15-17: Mountain Gospel Convention
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  4:40:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Time: Not yet specified

Long before the first professional Southern Gospel Quartet in America hit the road in May, 1910, our mountains were filled with the sounds of music. Shape note to Rock, solos to choruses -- all will be performing on five stages around Downtown Blairsville. Music vendors and crafters are invited to the 3-day event. Free admission, donations appreciated. Check the website www.MountainGospelConvention.org periodically for updated information.

Sponsored by Union County Historical Society and Downtown Development Authority of Blairsville.

mistyinn

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  12:38:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit mistyinn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Update on Mountain Gospel Convention, May 15-17

Friday, May 15, Old Courthouse Hospitality Tent 5 to 8pm, Performances 6 to 10pm, featuring Shape Note, Convention Singing. The Historical Society will also dedicate a new Music Room exhibit.

Saturday, May 16, 11am to 6pm Stages at City Hall, Mountain Life Museum, Christian Life Center and Civic Center. Contemporary Christian will be at the Civic Center; Bluegrass will be at Mountain Life Museum (Mock House). Stages at City Hall and Christian Life Center for soloists, duets and trios. Vendors will be at Mock House.

Performances at the Old Courthouse will continue into the night.

Sunday, May 17, 1 to 6pm More of the same, at same stages.

mistyinn@alltel.netGo to Top of Page

mistyinn

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  12:43:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit mistyinn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Seeking Recollections for the Program at Mountain Gospel Convention.

Please share your rememberances of convention style singing, singing school experiences and favorite performers!

Contact: Sam Ensley or Ed Reed at history1@windstream.net or call Linda McAfee or Edie Rich at 706-745-5493.

mistyinn@alltel.netGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  08:12:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fabulous! Thanks for the info. This is gonna be so awesome!

"A good heart is better than all the heads in the world."
Edward Bulwer-Lytton

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2009 :  08:32:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wish we were going to be there for this! Perhaps next year!

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Read this somewhere, and have to agree: "Society doesn’t need Politicians. What we need are Statesmen."Go to Top of Page

IluvGa.

United States
236 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2009 :  9:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit IluvGa.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
I wish I was going to be there. I am so bored with this place. I can't wait to get out of here.

I just love this place,Blairsville. I can hardly wait to move there.I am a country girl at heart, and i am tired of this city here.However the weather is beautiful here right now. Getting used to the cold would be hard but as long as i have flannel shirtsGo to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

© 2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

© 2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy