New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 6 visitors.
 All Forums
 Introductions & Welcomes
 Who are we?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
IluvGa.

United States
236 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2009 :  09:17:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit IluvGa.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
A lot of great and awesome folks, can't wait to meet you all!

Kimmy, God is good all the time.Go to Top of Page

Angel924

United States
1 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  2:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Angel924's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. My name is Ana, I live in Miami (sad but true) and I'm planning my first trip to Blairsville for January. I was considering Gatlinburg, but I've already been there and done that. Then I found Blairsville somewhere on the internet and I was sold. This time I don't want one of those "small mountain towns" that in reality are full blown touristic centers, I want the real thing!

It would be great if you guys could recommend things to do from a local's point of view?

Thanks and see you in January!!

Love & lightGo to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  12:38:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Ana. What part of Miami do you live in? My husband (Grayeagle) and I live in West Kendall. As soon as we sell our house, we will be moving to Blairsville permanently. Can't wait!! Can't stand Miami!

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  07:45:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Morning, Ana! Welcome to Blairsville.com. There are alot of friendly folks living in Bvile and some of the friendliest are on this forum.

As for what to do in January up there, I cannot give you any advise, but bet there are some here who will.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Edmund Burke said, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."Go to Top of Page

meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  08:31:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome, Ana. It can get quite cold in January in Blairsville. The average low temperature for January is 25 and the average high temperature is 47, so be sure to bring warm clothes. As far as things to do, other people might have more ideas. When I get home from work in the winter I stay home and keep firewood in the heater!Go to Top of Page
Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2009 :  09:10:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Ana and welcome to the forum! We have alot of pretty places to visit up here. My favs are Vogel State Park, Meeks Park, Helton Creek Falls, and Brasstown Bald to name a few. Brasstown Bald is closed in the winter months. I hope you enjoy your visit here, you might even see some snow in January!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

bears way

United States
51 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2009 :  09:37:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit bears way's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ana, I also have a second home in Blairsville. Come up every month for ten days. I live in Pembroke Pines and did live in Miami for 40 years. Every month is different in Blairsville. Ypur first stay will be very enjoyable just seeing the beauty and local people. Welcome--Gary

dreamlandGo to Top of Page

manape

307 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2010 :  12:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm manape, a term I used originally to say I'm just a man when I was posting on the now defunct B'villecity.bom...

Manape is really my alter ego and in real life I'm just an ordinary meek and mild Walter Mittey. Because of my Scotish, English, perhaps a little American Indian, German and Irish ancestry, I love a good feud and humour. However, I prefer to experiment behind this computer screen.

Normally, I'm a peace loving activist, mad scientist and kazoo player. I also play the radio and sing in the bath tub. Since these talents bring me no income, I make my living making doughnuts down at the doughnut factory. It is a job that isn't very exciting, so, I write meaningless blogs on shotgunalley and blairsville.com. Occasionally I do have an original though, but it is mostly plagiarized material. Why reinvent the wheel?

I also write poetry and do rock art. I like the ManApes rock band, of course, and the comic character is Manape. I liked Hunting McCloud who appeared at the Blairsville Scottish Festival but I heard they broke up. I do like various Christian groups and rock music in general.

I'm a Christian but sometimes not a very good one.

I'm a former Southern Baptist, former independent Baptist and former fundamentalist Christian but I stopped believing in religion and started following Jesus a while ago.My immediate family thinks I'm an infidel, because I wouldn't go to their church. I agree with my 8-year old grand daughter who said I like Jesus and God but church is a bore. I mostly find that true. Oh, the truth from the mouth of babes.

If you want to put a religious label on me call me a Baptistic...

God and I hang out a lot. I'm forever goggling both atheist and believer web sites.

I believe in the simple church and get lost in the crowds of FBC when I go there. Hey, if you are happy where you are, don't let me influence you. I just like a small group setting where you can have real dialogue and build relationships with real people. I don't like looking at the backs of faceless heads and hearing a lecture. That is not my idea of fellowship and relationship.

I love my wife who is a good Christian, God and my fellow human beings. According to the word, that makes me a Christian if you want to use that label.

Other hobbies and income producing streams include building computers, networks, wanta-be e-bay entrepreneur, worshipping the Creator in the great outdoors, motorcycles, camping, backpacking and enjoying the gift of life to its fullest.

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty." -Thomas JeffersonGo to Top of Page

Addew

United States
3 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2012 :  05:59:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Addew's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My name Addew is a mixed up combo of the first letter of each of our family members first name and the first letter of our last name. Hello all!Go to Top of Page
meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2012 :  8:28:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Blairsville.com, Addew!Go to Top of Page
Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  11:04:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Addew and welcome to the forum!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 03/28/2012 :  10:50:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello, Addew, and welcome!

Go to Top of Page

Addew

United States
3 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  02:55:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Addew's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you Meg, Lavendar, and Mr.Bill for the warm welcome to the forum. It's nice to be nice.

Irish wristwatch...not Irish, just can't say this phrase 3x fast without messing up.Go to Top of Page

meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2012 :  10:08:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Irish wristwatch...not Irish, just can't say this phrase 3x fast without messing up.

I don't think I can say it twice without messing up! LOLGo to Top of Page

Addew

United States
3 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2012 :  10:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Addew's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's a fun tongue twister for sure!

Irish wristwatch...not Irish, just can't say this phrase 3x fast without messing up.Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy