New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 8 visitors.
 All Forums
 Introductions & Welcomes
 Who are we?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  07:43:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

We have a number of new folks on the forum so I thougth this might be a good topic that may help us all.

So, Who are we?

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
John 14:6 "Jesus told him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except though me.'"

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  07:56:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

My forum name is GrayEagle (Duh).  Where did my name come from?  First I am an Eagle Scout.  This is the only rank in BSA that you retain for life.  All other ranks are " I was a xxxx"  As for the Gray part, well those who know me personally know that I have Gray hair.

I am retired Army and work for a government contractor supporting the US Southern Command.  I will retire within the next 2.5 years or so.

I have been on this wonderful forum for almost 4 years.  As a side note, if you look at the Member List, you will see a listing of Who, When and How Many.  Almost all of our close friends in Blairsville we have met on this forum.

My wife, Joyfulringer (Joy), and I live in Miami, but are not "from" Miami.  I was born in Savannah, but the family moved to Brunswick, and she was born in Brunswick.  We have been married 39 years. And both of us are Christians and attend a Southern Baptist chruch down here.  When we can, we go to FBC of Blairsville.

We have what we call our "Tree House" up there and this is the first part of our building up there.  There is another topic for that if you want to read about it.

GrayEagle
John 14:6 "Jesus told him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except though me.'"

Edited by - GrayEagle on 02/04/2009 07:58:30 AMGo to Top of Page

Metalman

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  08:19:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Metalman's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am Metalman because for most of my adult life I have been a sheetmetal worker fabricating custom copper products for very expensive homes in south Florida. I have been a member of the forum since 2006 which is when my wife and I (married 23+ yrs) purchased a 1 acre property in Blairsville. There is an old mobile home on the property which gives us a place to stay whenever we can come up and there is a great view from the front deck. someday we will remove the trailer and build our retirement home. We are also Christians and attend Community of Hope church in Royal Palm Beach. Due to family deaths and illnesses our visits to Blairsville are becoming far and few between but hope to spend much time there in 2010.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die todayGo to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  09:22:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I am MargParg & I don't play one on TV.

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  09:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

quote:

I am MargParg & I don't play one on TV.

MP.  One word.....HUH??  tongue

GrayEagle
John 14:6 "Jesus told him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except though me.'"Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  09:45:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It's from something..A commercial way back with Marcus Welby..."I'm not a Dr. but I play one on TV"  Well, I'm a Margparg here, but I don't play one on TV.  My stupid humor.

Go to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  10:00:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Oh.  I was wondering if you needed another vacation. wink

BTW,.......tongue I didn't know  you were THAT old!  tongue

GrayEagle
<)))<><

Edited by - GrayEagle on 02/04/2009 10:25:11 AMGo to Top of Page

IluvGa.

United States
236 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  10:12:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit IluvGa.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well i am a country girl from Newnan Ga., born in Griffin GA.I moved to Fl. 5 yrs. ago running from myself and the Lord. I am a believer and I attend a wonderful church called Ft. Myers Christian Outreach Center. I am happily married and we live in Ft. Myers Fl. In 3 or more yrs. we will move to Blairsville, Ga. My father lives with me, I am his caretaker. Fl. is nice right now, some chilly days but i am looking forward to that beautiful small town. The church i want to attend there in Blairsville is called "The Rock". Well ya take care.

I just love this place,Blairsville. I can hardly wait to move there.I am a country girl at heart, and i am tired of this city here.However the weather is beautiful here right now. Getting used to the cold would be hard but as long as i have flannel shirtsGo to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3620 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  11:38:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm just me..  :)
Born and raised here in these beautiful mountains of Georgia.  Tried city livin' for about 6 months when our oldest was a baby...that was more than long enough to figure out we ain't city folk!! 
Lord willin', Hubby and I will celebrate our 25th anniversary this year.  We have been blessed with 2 wonderful children, a great daughter in law, and 2 precious Grandbabies that are the joy and love of our lives!!!  :)

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life..♫
~ Red Auerbach ~
Go to Top of Page

polly

United States
239 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  2:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit polly's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi...I'm polly....a nickname I've had for a long time. Like topaz I was born and lived right here in this wonderful town all my life..except for the year we we're going back and forth to Atlanta...some who know who I am know what I'm talking about..it was a very looooooong year. I think that Dorthy on The Wizard of Oz had the right idea....."There's no place like home!"...and these beautiful mountains are it!
Mr. polly, as Gray started calling him, and I have been married 20 year...21 come October...we have a beautiful miracle daughter..katybug...like I said above...those of you who know who I am know what I'm talkin' 'bout...someday I'll tell ya'll her story..it's a long one....

Philippians 4:13Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  2:54:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hello, im swissroger, yes im from switzerland but now live in usa for an couple months as i finally got my green card witch is an long story witch was written up by shadow:

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh59/swissbianco/swissbiancoingapart1.jpg

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh59/swissbianco/swissbiancoingapart2.jpg

single and searching, i was nearly got arrested as i first where on this forum, remember DoC? but it turned out that this swiss is an nice one, dont matter all his cutters

traveling all over the world for my creative work i never found that nice people as in north ga. thanks for let me be part of it.

+B
www.swissbianco.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3t8PwHvj10

Wise men learn through the mistakes of others, Smart men learn through their own mistakes, and monkeys learn through repetition.
Go to Top of Page

Jup2bville

United States
16 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  4:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jup2bville's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all, My husband is a retired Paramedic/FireFighter and I'm a nurse here in Jupiter. We have been coming to B'ville for many, many years. Hope to be there for good soon. Would like to get another horse once we settle in. I sure do miss riding! Have 3 girls, 2 just graduated from UCF and the 3rd is starting her freshman year there. $$$$$ Thats my whole story and I'm sticking to it.Go to Top of Page
Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  6:10:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I chose the name "Lavender" cause i like the color and the flower. I moved to Bville almost 32 years ago this July, was born in Atlanta but don't like to admit it. lol!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7922 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  7:04:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
born in atlanta lavender? did not now that, shame on ya

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3t8PwHvj10

Wise men learn through the mistakes of others, Smart men learn through their own mistakes, and monkeys learn through repetition.
Go to Top of Page

iamsam

United States
261 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  12:28:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit iamsam's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Iamsam. That is my nickname from long ago. I am going to retire in July. I have three Jesus filled daughters. They are going to be homeschooled next year. I am currently a school administrator. We are from Central Florida and have been vacationing in Blairsville since 2002 and we love it up there. My husband is an avid fisherman and he loves to fly fish when we visit Blairsville. We are looking for a house to buy in Blairsville as a second home. Our next trip will be at the end of March for Spring Break.

777Go to Top of Page

hog wild

United States
180 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2009 :  09:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit hog wild's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we have a home in stuart,fl and in blairsville. we have been married 29 yrs. we own and operate a auto repair/ truck rental/ trailer sales biz in stuart for 36 yrs. we have three sons all in there 20's. my wife says she plans on joining the forum soon if she hasn't already. i think she plans on flirting with me a little on the forum before she lets me know who she is. we love both stuart and blairsille although stuart is getting a little crowded. we love to ride.

loud pipes save livesGo to Top of Page

meg

United States
969 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  12:02:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit meg's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My member name is actually my maiden name initials. I have lived in Blairsville all my life except for college years in Atlanta. I couldn't stand that place though. I have four wonderful children, two sons-in-law, and five grandchildren. I have been single again for the last 15 years. I work in the school system and attend House of Prayer Interdenominational Church.Go to Top of Page
cabincritter

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  3:24:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit cabincritter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Have never kept my real name private on here (eg...my website below), but the name "cabincritter" comes from "cabin critters art". was always my dream to have an art studio/craft store named that. Maybe one day............

www.scottanna.comGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  3:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Critter, good to see you posting once again. How did the book signing go?

GrayEagle
"Spies hide guns like squirrels hide nuts." Michael Weston in Burn NoticeGo to Top of Page

cabincritter

USA
385 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  3:44:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit cabincritter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it went GREAT gray, thanks for asking.

www.scottanna.comGo to Top of Page

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  4:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote

GrayEagle
"Spies hide guns like squirrels hide nuts." Michael Weston in Burn NoticeGo to Top of Page

Revive Renew Restore

United States
2 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  11:39:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Revive Renew Restore's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum posting but read them often. I just made a post about a weightloss partner so if anyone is interested let me know. I am a DWF who has lived in Blairsville for 11 years. I raised my four daughters here and now they are grown and I am needing to put myself first for a change and change my life style for healthier living. I've tried but it is hard to do alone and I really would like to meet some people who would love to work out together several times a week and encourage each other. But hey even if you don't need to lose weight but would like to help or encourage those of us who do please apply,LOL! I'll check back and give my contact info if I have some interest in my request.

I also am a newly licensed Ga. Massage Therapist so I know what I need to do, I just need to do it.. thanks anyone who has suggestions or wants to become my new best friend.

Live, love, laugh oftenGo to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2009 :  10:24:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, better late than never, right? Anyway, I'm Joyfulringer, married to Gray Eagle for 40 years come August. My name came from the hand bell choir at our church that I play in called "The Joyful Ringers". Actually we are not meeting at the moment because our director moved and we don't have anyone to lead us. We are hoping to find a director so we can play again!

I was born and raised in Brunswick, GA and thought I would never leave until I married Gray. Because of his military career we have moved 23 times in 39 (almost 40) years of marriage. I plan ONE more move and that is to Blairsville as soon as this house here sells! All in God's timing though.

We have been living in Miami (ugh) for the past 12 years and can't wait to leave! There are three things that I will miss when we move. 1) Some of the people in our church 2) The warm winter weather here (it's suppose to hit 90 today) and 3) PUBLIX (the greatest grocery store on the planet!)

We have a 27 year old son who is a missionary serving in Akron, PA. We have a dog named Sadler (named after my favorite NASCAR driver) who is about 7.

I am a passionate NASCAR fan and also like football. If my TV is not on SPEED, or ESPN, it will usually be tuned to HGTV as I enjoy a lot of the decorating shows. My dream (although I could never afford it) would be to have Candice Olsen from Divine Design come and do a room in my house!

To celebrate our 40th anniversary in August we are going on a 5 night Western Caribbean cruise in December aboard Navigator of the Seas. Our last cruise was during hurricane season and the seas were too rough for me so no more at that time of year! We will be going to Cozumel, Mexico and Belize. I would have rather gone back to the Eastern Caribbean (lots of great shops) but Gray wanted to try the Western Caribbean this time.

I don't post a lot but I read the forum several times a day so I keep up with what's going on in our adopted hometown of Blairsville. It is going to be great to get back to GEORGIA!

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

bears way

United States
51 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  3:59:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit bears way's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

We have a number of new folks on the forum so I thougth this might be a good topic that may help us all.

So, Who are we?

GrayEagle

dreamlandGo to Top of Page

bears way

United States
51 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2009 :  4:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit bears way's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My wife and I live in Ft. Lauderdale area {PEMBROKE PINES]. We bought
our second home is in Blairsville three years ago. We are in Blairsville
every month for eight days or so. We live off of 325 by God's Country Farm on Bears Way.

We also find Blairsville charming and very healthy for the mind. We
will eventually be here fulltime. The people in Blairsville are so
relaxed and friendly. Florida was great when we were younger and now
we enjoy reading and our glass of wine. Never seems to be time for
the simple things in life there.

Just celebrated our 36th anniversary, my wife wants to trade me in for a newer model with less milege. I'm 66 she is 62, she'll kill
me when she sees this post.

I was in the Navy in the sixties, moved to Miami after service. Met
her in Coral Gables, a metermaid, gave me a ticket.

Now we are retired and happy...Coming back up 04/17/2009 for ten
days. Can't wait. Play golf and drink Coronas, smoke a cigar once
in awhile. Later Gary&Georgia

dreamlandGo to Top of Page

WebErika

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2009 :  5:04:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit WebErika's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi all! Great thread topic!

I'm WebErika - my business is the internet, search engines and marking and creating, developing, administrating and maintaining websites of all kinds. I am celebrating 10 years of being in business this year and it's been a crazy road. I adore my job and my profession keeps me on my toes having to keep up with technology and all the new stuff that comes out every day.

The love of my life, Charles, grew up around here and we decided to call it home. We've been here in Blairsville semi-full time since April 2007, renting a house on Canal Lake Road, but we recently bought a house just off 515 & 325 and are settling in for good, although we might spend some winters down in Florida.

I'm originally from NJ (but I don't have that high pitched Jersey girl squeak). I moved here after a 2 year stay in London, England.

I don't come to the forums too often, although you all have been a great help recently. I try to check in every now and then see what is going on around town.

And that's me! :)

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy