New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 51 visitors.

All Forums
 Chit Chat
 Your opinion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  10:00:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning friends,

I went to my local Chevron station this morning in my brand new red Nissan Versa to fill up. I was almost done with this gentleman in a pick-up pulled in on the other side of the pumps and put his credit card in to pump gas. He was smoking. I politely told him could he wait to pump until I left. "You can kill yourself, but please don't take me with you". He gave me an evil I , then I gave him the Rouge glare back. He actually waited til I left. What would you have done, and was I wrong?

......KISS.....

Rouge

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  10:16:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You did the exact same thing that my husband did last year.  The guy looked at my husband like he had antennas coming out of his head.  Hubby just told him that he valued his life, but he valued his families life more that were in the car!  You done good Rouge!!!

"Laughter add's 8 years to your life, so laugh damnit!"Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  10:27:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Rouge ...By the way...HEY ROUGE! AINT Talked with you in forever but anyways....I witnessed this the other day with a woman hanging her arm out while someone was pumping her gas for her on the same side as her cigarette was hanging out the window. I got that "Uggh" feeling because she looked alittle "zoned out" herself and driving and ...Well...point here is ...Why can't they put the durn thing out for approx 3-5 mins for a flammable liquid (and vapor) I'm a smoker but you will NEVER EVER see me smoking while filling up my car/truck etc. A prime example was the other day at the same store, gas had been split due to a busted hose in the pumps. Now..what if that lady had been sitting there in the midst of the overflow on the pavement and threw that down. It would of took me her and the other 3 cars with her. Idiots!

I live in my own little world...Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  11:23:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You did the right thing Rouge! Some people are so careless and irresponsible!

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.Go to Top of Page

joyfulringer

USA
4007 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  1:27:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You did absolutely the right thing! Besides being dangerous, there are NO SMOKING signs posted at the pumps!

Joyfulringer Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  1:51:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes that is banned for good reasons. some people cant eaven read the sighn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTQid5-KOLE

Go to Top of Page

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  12:18:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In order not to be totally chastised, drawn and quartered, pilloried and accused of being every thing in the world, please do your own research and determine the intelligence quotia and IQ of smokers to non smokers.

ShucksGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  12:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You did the right thing rouge. Shucks, what is the answer to the IQ question? I would like to know.

Go to Top of Page

shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  3:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Coosa, I prefer not to say. Just start your own research project of prior studies and you will learn plenty.

ShucksGo to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  5:40:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not very good at computers, shucks. I would not know where or how to start??

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  8:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

In order not to be totally chastised, drawn and quartered, pilloried and accused of being every thing in the world, please do your own research and determine the intelligence quotia and IQ of smokers to non smokers.

Shucks

I've already admitted to being a smoker. But I'm sure my IQ is average. Letting a computer quiz or research of the statistics is not in my league. But as I stated above in my post to Rouge, smoking while pumping gas is stupid. And for the record, I admit to being stupid for smoking especially since I work in the medical field and see what the end results are. The addiction overrides the "inner knowledge" of a human. Just like alcohol overrides the "common sense" of others. It's an addiction. I'll leave with that note.

I live in my own little world...Go to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  9:04:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with what you didn't write shucks.I would do the same as others have done here.Eventhough smoking while pumping gas ain't to smart,I am not sure there is a danger of starting a fire with a lit cigarette.Shucks should know,since he is involved in the insurance business.WRJ

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

William R. Jenkins

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  9:18:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit William R. Jenkins's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I will answer my question ,will a lit cigarette ignite gasoline.The answer is no.The flash point for gasoline is 475% F.,Cigarette butts are much less than that.The real danger at the punp in lighting up,with an open flame.WRJ

William R.JenkinsGo to Top of Page

Fran

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  9:24:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this is off topic, but I am sick of getting yammered at while I am pumping gas! They have those stupid little machines that start spouting off commercials at the station next to Wendy's, and the gas station at WalMart in Ellijay actually has TV screens at the pumps. They force you to listen to commercials the whole time!

Maybe they should be giving folks safety tips instead of trying to sell more junk.

Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2008 :  1:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOL!! I couldn't agree with you more, Fran!  I try to avoig going to Chevron just because of that stupid thing.  It freaks me out everytime!

"Laughter add's 8 years to your life, so laugh damnit!"Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy