New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 50 visitors.
 All Forums
 Chit Chat
 Blairsville Area Forums on Topix
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
BoeBro Erik

USA
174 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  10:55:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit BoeBro Erik's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Dear members and visitors:

We're no stranger to people being mad at how we run our forums.† We brought a whole lot of rules to this site, and in learning how to best enforce them, stepped on some toes.† Some of our members have left permanently, others still stop by to check up but have found their needs met better by other means.† That's all part of life - and even if we were perfect in everyone's eyes, it would still happen.

But through it all, we've stuck to our rules, since - though some of you call us biased - and from your perspective that is probably how we appeared -†ultimately it's the rules that help us chart our course - not the whims of staying on everyone's good side.

We face a new challenge, and that is a single individual who has made it their personal mission to speak negatively about this site, my brother, and now because I chose to speak positively about those items, me.† Since they are one person, and their opinion is well known, that's not the problem.† However, the problem is that Topix allows you to choose a new username every time you post.† So, this one person is able to pretend to be lots of different people.†

What would be great is if you could take some time over the next few days to post on Topix - user any name you're comfortable with - and remind this person that it's our fundamental right to be able to discuss issues openly and fairly.† I'd like you to be honest in your opinions - so feel free to mention our decisions you didn't like.† Don't lie, don't attack people or persons, but participate in the conversation - and show the rest of the world that there may be one person bent on the end of Blairsville.com, but that there are many more people who either don't care one way or the other or actually would like to see a more moderated forum continue to exist.

Also, who this one person is is irrelevant to the conversation - they have chosen to be anonymous in their speech - I have chosen not to be anonymous.† That is their choice, and we must respect their choice to remain anonymous.† So, I'd appreciate it if we don't speculate or guess about who the person might be.

Here's the link:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-ga/TV22OOPVL95691898/

P.S. There's only one person who's doing the fully negative "attack" posts over there.† But I do recognize that there is more than one person in the community who does not like our site for many of the same reasons expressed by that person.† I respect those people though, because they have their opinion, and when they do share it, they do it in constructive and non-offensive ways.

BoeBro Erik

USA
174 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  01:12:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit BoeBro Erik's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I appreciate the support we have already received, and I see now I've asked you to step into the line of fire and should not have done that.

I would still appreciate your posts, but I recommend that you don't put too much personal information on topix and more importantly don't take offense at the way you will be treated by disagreeing with this person.  Since this person is very likely posting on topix under countless names and using more than one computer during the course of the day, he assumes that Bill and I are doing the same to make up imaginary "friends."

Thanks again...

Go to Top of Page

nativelady

USA
11125 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  8:00:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit nativelady's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I seen that when I posted over there. They thought you were me...or I was you? Or..? Well anyways...Everyone who even knows a thing over here knows I've always called "Shader" My Hero! Gosh! Everything I've read over 'on the other side' is trashy. Bashing churches and preachers and I even had to take action myself on a topic because our last name was mentioned in the topic and we didn't know a thing about it until someone told us. People just absolutely amaze me! Hopefully B'ville . com will get back to what it once way through alot of effort on all of our parts. I am not on here much anymore due to obligations elsewhere...and I've just got away from the computer scene all together. Since Peachy had Jadey Poo...I have just soaked up every minute with her that I can. Life's too short to fight and argue and live in the being 'accused' of this and that...and getting caught up in the life of 'the net'...I chose to not live with this 'box'...but live in this world I call my home...Until next time...Peace and Love

I live in my own little world...Go to Top of Page

Laurel

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  8:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Laurel's Homepage  Reply with Quote
no matter what gets posted over there, I think everyone knows what kind of site it is. it seems to be one where people air grievances, not discuss matters. I wouldn't worry about it too much although if I were you my dander would definitely be up so I understand where you're coming from!Go to Top of Page
ana

United States
61 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  10:00:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit ana's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have had negative things said about me on all three forums. Been accused of a lot of things and called a lot of names. I just do not take it personal. Some of these people see me in public and do not have an issue until they get on the forums. At least they do not seem to have an issue the way they talk to me. They treat others the same way.

NATIVE- I understand what you say when you talk about that grand baby. Kind of puts things into perspective.Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2008 :  11:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just my own thoughts and feelings.

I believe that the negativity over there is too high but I saw last night where someone had started a topic a shining a light and I think that God can overcome any battle of wrong doings. Regardless of the yay or nay sayers. I believe he can work through ANYTHING!

Like I have said before and will say again. If the only place to go was an negative atmosphere and woke up to that and went to bed after reading that or being a part of that, it would make for one more miserable life..

Well, being blessed of some light shiners of good people with good hearts, I understand now.. if you can not shine a positive light, then something is wrong with you.. so make it right.
Just remember that Jesus was cruisified and people did not believe in him, but he went threw the pains, tortures, evil doers and sayers. He walked, he took stripes and he is very much alive and well.

As for people being mean and hurtful, wether they have cruel intentions or not, this is how they choose to be. Yes, light is needed. Even in the darkest places.. I understand this.

Regardless what I or you say or do... there will be those who remember the worst over the good and still waiting for us trip up. If they are not causing trouble for me or you, it will be someone else.
They will slither from room to room to find an easy victim. Regardless.. and they will strike at the best of the best just to see how they fall. I know because in my weakest hour.. I was striken by the evil and in the glory of moments, I was also striken by the evil tormenting.

Weakness is the easiest target for the people who would take happiness away and try to send pain in its place!

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." -Abraham LincolnGo to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  08:22:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Have you noticed that if you do make post(s) over there that this same person from (commerce) seems to think that all the positive post towards b'ville.com are bill or erik!! LOL

Question: why does it not show that you're actually from Blairsville when you sign on to topix.  I really feel like I need some clorox now for my keys though. (even though I said something nice)

"Smile, it enhances your face value."Go to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  10:10:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Question: why does it not show that you're actually from Blairsville when you sign on to topix.

Topix subscribes to a geolocation service that provides a rough idea of where the physical address of the user is based on the IP address they have at the time. IP addresses are assigned in specific ranges to internet service providers and then allocated into pools for dial-up, DSL, fiber, or dedicated service from there.

When your dial-up or DSL modem connect to your ISP, it is assigned an address from that pool. Companies now offer database services that will look up who that IP address is assigned to and display a result.

A company like Windstream has centralized routers who give out IP addresses according to the service type you have. So a dial-up user might show up as Little Rock, AK because the router that handles those users is located there. DSL varies a good bit depending on which router responds first and what the IP address you were allocated was, so it shows as Winder, Monroe, Commerce, Bethlehem or perhaps another Georgia city in the north. Other ISPs show up as Young Harris or Warne, NC and others because the area they're centered around is there.

AOL and some other ISPs do not segregate their IP addresses that way and can show as anywhere or as simply as United States. So it's wise not to infer too much based on what a person's IP location shows up as.

Go to Top of Page

Suedowntheroad

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  2:29:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I clicked on the provided link and read some of the "discussion" on the TOPIX forum. Wow-some of the statements are so filled with venom-
unbelievable. It is a very sad commentary on such a nice little town. I would hate to think that people from out of town/state might be reading such nastiness.
I would think that anyone fortunate enough to live in Blairsville would have a kinder and more grateful heart.

SuedowntheroadGo to Top of Page

JC

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2008 :  11:53:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bill, I have to be honest here, I'm a little disappointed that you haven't been able to draw the full ire of our mutual friend. I read your topic here and go over to the Blairsville Topix forum, and what do I find ... him writing stuff about me.

I mean, really? Really?

I left a year ago. I honestly thought I'd be out of sight, out of mind with him long before now.

It just goes to show, crazy people are the gift that keeps on giving. You can always count on them to never let things go, and that makes for some hilarious comments, especially when they never seem to figure out that it's obvious to EVERYONE who they are.

Edited by - JC on 08/17/2008 11:54:35 PMGo to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  05:24:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Suedowntheroad, I agree with you 100%.. Yesterday was the first time I read the Topix posts, I can see that someone not familiar with Blairsville and the real people would surely get a bad taste in their mouth thinking that this town is not someplace they want to visit. I had never read Topix before but I am sure many people do that plan their visits and vacations. It would surely turn me away if I didn't know the REAL truth. Such a shame.

.....KISS....

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  10:28:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

It just goes to show, crazy people are the gift that keeps on giving. You can always count on them to never let things go, and that makes for some hilarious comments, especially when they never seem to figure out that it's obvious to EVERYONE who they are.
Edited by - JC on 08/17/2008 11:54:35 PM

JC the same thing has happened to me, so I can agree with you 100%.
Someone just keeps trashing me over there under several different names, but they are so recognizable with their posts that is easy to see right through them. They also attempt to drag my friends into it.

I was attacked here and left and went to another place and was tracked down and attacked there both online and behind the scenes with PM's and e-mails to a point that it got ridiculous. I finally found a place to post that is safe and no viciousness is allowed. Debating is but not hateful, hurtful comments.

Then she took her trash to Topix and it got so far fetched someone approached me this weekend and asked if I knew who it was. I said Yes, I knew very well who it was and she said she didn't believe any of it and will let others know who is posting it. The posting at Topix are so far fetched that it has to be someone with a very small deluded mind. Very sick individuals, who try to drag everyone down into their own darkness.

Of course there are some simple minded individuals who believe anything they read and of course claim to know all about it. Just doing what they can to fit in somewhere. Looking for their "group" to fit into.

I no longer read Topix, it is a cesspool of bottom feeders. I did try to defend myself but gave it up. It only gives the deranged more fodder. Now it seems they are even more upset because they can't locate me on the web to attack.

I was also asked back to post here and I appreciate the gesture.

God knows who they are and one day he will ask them what did they do to promote God through their actions. No aliases to be used before him.

Peace Ya'll.

Thatís really the one thing that will save the world. For all of us to live with more tolerance.
K. McGowan

Edited by - HoneyBee on 08/18/2008 10:30:33 AMGo to Top of Page

Wildflower

USA
4528 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  10:54:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heads up people . . .

There is a poster on Topix with a Bethlehem, GA location who is posting over and over again under names of Blairsville.com members.

This person has posted under my name, Gray Eagle's name, and Mr. Jenkins name. I just set the record straight there for myself and invite you to defend yourselves also.

That he would continually post with the same address shows he is not too bright.

Go to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  11:04:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Or maybe not defend yourselves as there's not anything that really needs defending. I already pointed out that no one would be fooled by the posts no matter how many times the name was changed.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  12:43:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Defending yourself is definitely the wrong thing to do. I tried and my attacker just kept signing on as a different person and then had a couple of friends sign on. Even some from here.

However you can report it to Topix admin and let them know and they will review it, if they find it offensive they will remove it. If it's not offensive then they don't care.

Topix is already getting a local reputation as a trashy place and isn't worth the effort or time it takes to respond.

Gossip central is what we should be called.
Maybe if we ignore it, it will go away.
Giving those people the attention they want just fulfills their desire of control over you.

"Those who matter don't care, and those who care don't matter."

I have repeatedly forgiven my offender and have let go of it. They are only doing harm to themselves.

Plus you really have to be careful because they may take the attacks to another level.

Thatís really the one thing that will save the world. For all of us to live with more tolerance.
K. McGowanGo to Top of Page

Gumbee

151 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  12:48:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Get mad with me now because I think everyone's being a little bit thin-skinned, overly sensitive and more-than-a-little-bit immature about criticism on Topix. Its tough over there. If you don't like reading it, then don't read it. If you can't take replies to your posts, then don't post there.

There's sage wisdom about starving the trolls. Perhaps everyone should try and follow that wisdom. If this sandbox makes you feel warm and fuzzy, then stay here and don't look elsewhere. If this is you, then looking at Topix for issues is like chasing the bus after you've already caught it.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  1:32:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gumbee, if people knew who you were personally and someone was wrongly accusing you, how would you feel?

If you had a business and it was being trashed and people were reading it and basing their opinion of your business on those post, then you would take it as personal.

That's why I can understand the brothers post over there. IF they were totally anonymous and no one knew them it would be different.

However, I do agree with you about ignoring it. Hopefully that person will get bored and find other pursuits.

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  1:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not blaming anyone, or mentioning any names.......But my freekin' gosh........Give it a rest..........Enough already..............BYE .I love my REAL friends..Shadow, Maddy, Doc, Cherry, Coosa, Gray, Joy, .But enough is enough.I have had enough before, Now I have had enough again...I love you all...But Geeezzz

........KISS........

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  2:55:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bye.

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  3:10:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm not blaming anyone, or mentioning any names.......But my freekin' gosh........Give it a rest..........Enough already..............BYE .I love my REAL friends..Shadow, Maddy, Doc, Cherry, Coosa, Gray, Joy, .But enough is enough.I have had enough before, Now I have had enough again...I love you all...But Geeezzz

........KISS........

Rouge

Rouge, dear, please don't let the children or the small minded chase you away.  We love you, your sense of humor, your insight into things.   Please stick around.

Look at those sad people, consider the source, and then, ignore them.

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
America:
Romans 1:18-32
II Chron 7:14
We must be careful on how tolerant we become that we don't sacrifice our righteousness.Go to Top of Page

moon&stars

United States
101 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  3:22:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit moon&stars's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ok, I'm fairly new to Bville.com so I have no idea who ya'll are referring to that would write such trash on topix! I surfed over to Topix and can't believe the stuff that I read about this site as well as others in the community. How can people get away with such slandering? It's beyond me!Go to Top of Page
HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  3:29:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I'm not blaming anyone, or mentioning any names.......But my freekin' gosh........Give it a rest..........Enough already..............BYE .I love my REAL friends.But enough is enough.I have had enough before, Now I have had enough again...I love you all...But Geeezzz"

It seems Erik started a topic (which is what you do on a forum), and then everyone else contributes their opinion. (which is what you do on a forum). Then you get a conversation going. It might be about the weather, current events or just the merits of SPAM. Regardless that is what you do, you talk and discuss things.

What is great about blairsville.com is they offer a nifty feature called the ignore button. If you truly aren't interested in what someone has to say just click on it under their name and you don't have to read their post.

Just because someone doesn't like a particular topic doesn't mean the whole thing should be shut down to suit that one person, just don't read the topic.

K. McGowan

Edited by - HoneyBee on 08/18/2008 3:31:31 PMGo to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  3:50:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not the first time my Bville.com name has been misused by someone other than myself but as Bill said, "no one would be fooled by the posts no matter how many times the name was changed."

Of course, it is not me who posted under Daughterofconfederate, just like it is not Grayeagle and I only know of a few that have tried to bash us and said false things against us. God knows too. I leave it there at his feet.

As Grayeagle said, "Look at those sad people, consider the source, and then, ignore them."

It is sad.

True enough.

Someone has a lot of time on their hands (IDLE TIME) and a bitter heart.

Pray for them. It has worked before.

I am back to work. Nope. I do not have internet where I am either. Just came home to get my kiddo's and checked my email in which here I am..

Have a great rest of the day.

"Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." -Abraham LincolnGo to Top of Page

samantha_blue

1193 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  4:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I don't log onto here as often as I once did only because of time management! I've been trying to manage my time better with kids schedules, work, etc....plus my computer is broke at home and I can only log on from work, LOL!

I went over to topix to see what all the fuss is about and I just can't believe all that I read!! It's sad that some people are only happy when they can drag others down to their low level!! If I were any of you, I wouldn't respond to any of it. It only feeds into their sick addiction and gives them another reason to continue bashing good people.

Sad, very Sad indeed!

Go to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  4:05:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gumbee.I have NO idea what you just said.But I will not get run over your bus, or any bus or forthat matter

.....KISS.....

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

Rouge

USA
4350 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2008 :  4:12:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been here since Oct. 2004.I have left many times because I get pissed at some of you guys.But I always return.I have my internet friends (YOU) ..And I have my material friends........Too many to name.. I have been angry with all of my friends, but I honestly think that when someone cannot be face to face with a person, we have that urge to say what we wouldn't say in person.Kinda like that Road Rage thing.. I try to be the best that I can be, but sometimes inadvertently that certain finger slips out by no choice of mine... Let's all start over and be friends like we should and want to be.I will do my best...OK???

........KISS.....

Rouge

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

© 2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

© 2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy