New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 65 visitors.
 All Forums
 Events Calendar
 May 17: Benefit for McKensie Panter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Elizabeth

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  11:04:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Photobucket

Just a small town country girl!

Elizabeth

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  11:12:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Donations still need to be made so anyone that is willing to help please let me know! Does anyone know how I can get ahold of betsy? I need info on her inflatables.

Just a small town country girl!

Edited by - Elizabeth on 04/30/2008 11:14:18 PMGo to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  11:38:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here ya go Elizabeth.

http://www.blairsville.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6370

God makes the lightning Bikers make the thunder
The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  11:53:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We still need donations and cakes, So please anyone willing to help just let me know!! Thank you! And also if anyone has a karaoke player that we could use at the benefit let me know!!

Just a small town country girl!Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  09:29:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I have a kareoke machine, but have to find the mic's for it.  Let me look around for the cd's too. 

There's a lady at the school who does the DJ stuff.  My daughter is friends with her's.  I'll find out from her if she can maybe help out with it. 

Pretty sure we have soccer games that day (only 4 to make up by the end of may!), but I'll bake something for it.

Go to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3621 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  11:53:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey its Elizabeth! The one you have do you hook it up to a tv or does it have a screen on it? ANd also what kind of music do you have?

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life..♫
~ Red Auerbach ~
Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  2:27:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know a local DJ who would probably be more than happy to help out Elizabeth. Her name is Jennifer Smith. She's great. She did our HS Class Reunion.

The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  2:35:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What does she play and how much does she charge?

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  2:45:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure she plays anything and everything. And with this being a benefit, maybe she'll do it for next to nothing. Call her and find out. I have to leave atm but if you need to call me later to find out how to get in touch with her, then feel free.

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  6:28:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Eli, not sure if it does hook up to a tv, but it does have the yellow, red, & white plug-in's in the back. (would that do it?!) I have one mic & it does have another hook up for another one.  It's an American Idol machine.  It's yours to use, if you need it!

Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth

USA
161 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  6:38:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok everyone this is coming up this saturday, and donations still need to be made. so anyone willing to donate please let me know!!

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  8:56:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Elizabeth, I think it would probably be helpful if you could be more specific in what kind of donations you're looking for.

Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  9:22:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Do you need the Kareoke machine?

I had someone ask if checks for donations be made out to the parents of McKensie or a certain account for her?

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  10:10:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We can't be there because of a show this weekend we have to work.

You could do a cake auction. I will make a cake.
I have seen cakes go for as high as $40. Heck I bet up to $35 for a coconut one at a benefit and got outbid by the husband of the lady that baked it, he wanted it back.

If you do a auction I would be glad to donate some honey and some soap.

Just let me know.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

Edited by - HoneyBee on 05/13/2008 10:12:31 PMGo to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3621 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  10:56:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

To say that I'm really, really proud of Elizabeth, would be an understatement!!  She felt the need to do this, so she acted upon her feelings, and has done nearly 100% of getting everything together, herself.  If anyone has ever done a benefit or helped with one, then you know it isn't an easy task by no means.  But no matter how hard the task, it's nothing compared to what little McKensie is facing!!  Thru prayers and determination, this little girl has made it, and with the same, the benefit will be a success and will help to ease the burden carried by this child and her family!!

As for donations...
Monetary...cash or checks accepted.  Checks can be made out to McKensie's Mother, Tabitha. 
Items to auction off: Material items...anything from knick knacks to the kitchen sink, gift certificates, cakes, etc.

Marg, she said she will let you know tomorrow about the karaoke machine.
Bee, we are doing a cake walk, and will probably auction off some as well. Soap and honey for the auction will be great.

Any questions, please don't hesitate to call the # listed above.  If she's not able to answer the call, leave a message and she'll get back to you!!

~ Red Auerbach ~
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  12:32:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont blame ya Topey.. you have every right to be so proud of her!

I will be and have been praying for this child..

Went to one and the cake walks seem to be an attraction for kids.. all of mine and hunny kept winning cakes.. and I was thinking.. aint no way they are gonna eat all of those so we gave a couple away.. it is a great way to raise money for these situations.. to have a benefit.. and Lord knows that the expenses arent always paid for with insurance companys.. and that that part unless people have had to experience it is hindsight.. so here is hoping the best and blessings for this family and many blessings on those who have been and are an outreach to this event and the family.

I do recall a hummingbird cake being auctioned at one of the ones I have been to and it went for over 100.00.

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars. – Og Mandino, 1923-1996, American Motivational Author and Speaker
Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  09:18:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

DOC is right about the cake. It was at benefit for a little girl that was about 2 years old. They kept bidding and it went up to over $100.00.

I offered to buy a coconut cake and the lady asked how much and I told her $20. They were practically giving them away in the cake walk for $1. I think when they realized that they did better being auction they shut down the cake walk and auctioned them off.

Maybe you could do cookie bags and little gift bag's for the cake walk, that way the lkids could participate and still get something and it would raise money.

Just an idea you might want to ponder.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.Go to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3621 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  10:50:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Its elizabeth

Honey I was thinking about going to murphy and getting some little toys and stuff for a cake walk like thing. I do think that would be a good idea! I also think I was at the same benefit your talking about.. The one for Kloie? I hope all of ya'll can come!!

~ Red Auerbach ~
Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  11:12:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Yep, the one for Kloie.  I haven't heard about her in awhile and I hope she is doing well.

Those little McD toys would be great or just some dollar tree stuff.
Someone may even have some nice kid stuff like stuffed animals or games that are in great shape to donate. Last but not least cupcakes. Kids love cupcakes and any finger, quick, sugary foods.

Put me down for a cake and some cupcakes. I will have to drop it off somewhere or get my son to deliver it. A couple of jars of honey and some soap.

topaz

USA
3621 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  11:27:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok! Thank you! And yeah thats where I;m going! I have  some really good donations! Shawns home furnishing donated a recliner! We're still trying to get a gun. We have a bunch of baskets a few tool sets A hugh kids summer basket!

~ Red Auerbach ~
Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  12:24:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

GREAT!

No matter what anyone says about our community, anywhere, we can always come together when we need to and that's what a town is all about.

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  2:39:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I seen Kloie today.. all pretty with her class mates from PreK..

Yep. That was one of the benefits.. there was one at Towns Co. and people had donated alot of wood craft and yard art.. that went off well as well too!

I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars. – Og Mandino, 1923-1996, American Motivational Author and Speaker
Go to Top of Page

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  2:40:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I seen Kloie today.. all pretty with her class mates from PreK..

Yep. That was one of the benefits.. there was one at Towns Co. and people had donated alot of wood craft and yard art.. that went off well as well too!

I agree Bee.. with the community coming together... its awesome..

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  2:54:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

So the hyperbaric treatment worked?

That's great.

daughterofconfederate

USA
29728 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  3:02:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not sure how much worked or is working.. I just seen her during the program..
Its just good to see her alive and happy.. participating.. cause she did do that...

Bee.. I hope that it did work.. prayers are always going up for her for sure.. as with this child McKensie..

Go to Top of Page

margparg

USA
1635 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  4:42:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure there's still time to do it, but maybe the parents can set up a "trust" fund at one of the banks. That way, people who cannot make it can send it right to the bank or have it deposited when they go in to the bank for her expenses.

Go to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

© 2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

© 2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy