New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 54 visitors.

All Forums
 Events Calendar
 October 6: Crafty Cat Show
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  10:13:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Where: Civic Center, Blairsville
When: 9:00am to Noon
Cost: Free to attend, $5 to enter cat in contest

A Crafty Cat Show will be held on Saturday, Oct 6 at the Blairsville Civic Center from 9am -noon. Enter your cat or cat picture. Free admission for 2 events in one, a craft show and a cat show. All entries are $5 and cats must be on a leash or in a carrier. Proof of vaccinations must be presented at registration.

This family event is loads of fun. Prizes for the best cat picture and Top Cat. There will be complimentary refreshments, ribbons, prizes galore and lots of meowing going on.

All proceeds to benefit the Whiskers Project, a nonprofit spay neuter program. For more details, call 706-745-0936. See you there !!

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  07:03:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This would be wonderful to attend, but not this weekend!!! Soccer game, & the Poker Run for S.A.F.E. I need another weekend!! LOL
I just can't decide which of my 4 I would enter in the contest!!

"I'm not sure I want popular opinion on my side -- I've noticed those with the most opinions often have the fewest facts."Go to Top of Page

justamom

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  7:27:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The cat show will be fun, we had one a few years back, the best part is when everyone gets up and tells about what makes their cat special, it's fun for kids and adults, no cat will be a looser!!! I think there is a prize for just about any quality your cat may have!
Whiskers Project has now spay/neutered over 700 cats!!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 10/01/2007 :  10:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's an ad being distributed for the Crafty Cat Show:
Crafty Cat Show

Go to Top of Page

justamom

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  12:13:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A HUGE THANK YOU for all that attended the cat show on Saturday. Raised over $1500 for feral cats to be spay/neutered so that will really help! The top Cat will be featured in the newspaper!

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  12:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, that is great!

Go to Top of Page

BlueRose

417 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  2:45:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

quote:

A HUGE THANK YOU for all that attended the cat show on Saturday. Raised over $1500 for feral cats to be spay/neutered so that will really help! The top Cat will be featured in the newspaper!

Mom, That is wonderful news!  All of my favorite charities start with animals, especially Whiskers and  Mountain Shelter. My hubby will not allow me to bring home any more cats, but I must tell you MS has a gorgeous 1/2 Bengal there right now. I've always wanted a Bengal but they are so expensive and this little guy is only $80.00. If anyone is looking for an indoor cat, Beaner is wonderful.  If he's there much longer, I'm going to end up taking him and there will be a big fight at home.

Thanks again for your support for the feral cats.  I can't wait to see the paper.

Blue RoseGo to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  3:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
justamom, that is great!  i am sure the $$ will help out tremendously.

Go to Top of Page

fawn

USA
2223 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  9:36:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit fawn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow!  That's great.  Congratulations!

Go to Top of Page

justamom

USA
313 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  9:40:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks again for the support! So many of our feral kittens get fostered and adopted and we have so many happy ending stories. But the need to control the population never ends, we have one colony that was almost starving, I think the people that had been feeding these cats must have moved away. We have a someone that is feeding them now and we will trap and relocate and so it goes...on and on....

The total now is well over 700 cats that we have helped and we are trying to get some grant money that will help us continue. We have a special group of volunteers and they are the best people in the world. Thanks again for continued support!!!!

Go to Top of Page

lovegeorgia

USA
1249 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  09:13:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope that you are able to get the grant money for this project.  The feral cat situation is a very sad thing. Keep up the good works.  My sister down here, is involved in that.  After they find and treat the kittens, she keeps them with her own four cats, until they are adopted.  Keeps her quite busy.  Plus, she is allergic to cats and suffers daily.  She loves her cats.

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy