New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 57 visitors.

All Forums
 Events Calendar
 Sept 21-23: Blacksmithing Hammer In
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  12:53:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"usually" there was an hammer in in fall in bville - does anyone now if theres sutch an event this fall, when and where? it was "usually" in trackrock.

if i can i have to go there and see that.

many thanks!

+B

i try to make my knives&tools foolproove but its impossible, because fools are so ingenious...

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  12:57:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What in the world kind of event is that Roger? I've never heard of it.

God makes the lightning Bikers make the thunder
The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  2:01:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
an hammer in is an meeting of blacksmiths of all kind and countrys - an open comunity that meets on an nice quite place, put up an couple forges, anvils and make an lot of noise - the anvil-song!

its an meeting where those people get together, talk, forge, grind etc and having an good time in freedom, other people are welcome too to see and learn how that works!

was never on one but read a lot about it and wants sure do that. hopefully some of you come too for try to forge sompthing like an santa raindeer horseshoe!

+B

i try to make my knives&tools foolproove but its impossible, because fools are so ingenious...Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  2:35:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
bad news, i found it out myself: www.georgiaknifemakersguild.com

they will have that hammer in at track rock campground on sept 21. 22. 23 - i wont be back on that time

if anyone has an chance to go and see, then go, its sure interesting to see and i think they let you try it out too if you ask.

it will be the best day of my life as i get my sponsored green card so i can stay as i want and do all that nice things in life i cant here!

+B

i try to make my knives&tools foolproove but its impossible, because fools are so ingenious...Go to Top of Page

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2007 :  8:12:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This thread reminds me of the blacksmith on Gunsmoke! lol!

Seriously, it would be interesting to see how they make horseshoes. I love horses!

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  12:06:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
call or send them en email lavender and ask. they may make an horseshoe. they have horses there.

love them horses too, best with swiss herbs butter on the back :-)

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2007 :  8:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love them horses too, best with swiss herb butter on the back. Quote

EWWW!!! That is gross!

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  12:06:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
im joking...have to go and whrite my shoppinglist, need cavallo-steaks for the weekend.

Lavender

USA
2797 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2007 :  8:37:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hoped you were joking! How could anyone eat a horse? Unless if they were absolutely starving.

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2007 :  2:22:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sorry, no joking, had an nice cavallo steak this eavening, herbs butter and croketten etc, tasty! you have had to beat the meat to get it tender.

its verry common over in europe to eat horse, i may have to look for that in usa too. they farm it like cattle! we are not bad people!!!

hope some people go to that hammer in!

+B

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2007 :  4:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
was anyone on that meeting? how was it?? sad that i missed that!

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy