New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 38 visitors.

All Forums
 Events Calendar
 September 7: Circus in town
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
shucks

2145 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  12:19:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know what are the show times for the circus tonight?

Shucks

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  12:32:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry cant help you there Shucks. I was also wondering just how much an adult ticket is. I think they did some lousy advertising for this shin dig.

God makes the lightning Bikers make the thunder
The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.Go to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  12:37:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Time: 2 show times - 5:00pm and 7:30pm
Cost: 14 & under - Free (coupon available at Chamber office), All others - $15.00

The kids (below high school) were supposed to bring home flyers from school about two weeks ago. I'm not sure if that occurred or not.

Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  12:42:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
$15.00 You're kidding right????? Kinda pricy for a circus.
Coupons for children are also available at Foodland.

The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  2:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, $15 for adults & you have to be there with your child, of course! Too rich for me to be smelling camel dung!! LOL
(plus the kids are busy tonight doing their own thing with friends)

"You are the gatekeeper of your own mind, be receptive to those good thoughts"Go to Top of Page

stardust74

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  3:00:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of mine is in South Georgia at a FFA thing and the other is grounded. So not for me.

You are the same today that you are going to be in 5 years from now except for two things: the people with whom you associate and the books you read.--Charles JonesGo to Top of Page

honeybear cubs

USA
1436 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  3:29:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm...kind of takes the "free" out of the "free" kid's tickets, don't you all think?

Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  4:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
was anybody there and see how mutch circus that is? wild animals or humand wearing furry things?

i try to make my knives&tools foolproove but its impossible, because fools are so ingenious...Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  8:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I took bugger to the circus and saw PCM, who was kind enough to join us, her nice boy and we also saw Schucks. Ive been in an antisocial mood, so sorry Schucks, I was not more entertaining.

On to the circus. $15.00 to get in, OH MY! $3.00 nachos, thats fine.

I took my boy because he has never been to a circus and now I remember what it is that I dont like about them.

Bugger went to see the Lions and tigers and elephants..I waited, but never saw those. There were Tigers stuck in a cage sleeping outside.

Bugger loved the fire act.

Bugger has just informed me that all in all the circus was pretty stupid.

I can not really believe the technique they used to make sure all kids left disappointed and wishing they had another item.

Basically, they did this throughout the entire show (is that what you call what we just saw?). In between acts they would say, who wants to buy a bag of peanuts? If you buy a bag of peanuts and theres a coupon inside, you can get a balloon. So theyd stop the whole show and have people scramble up for peanuts and balloons.

Then it was a coloring book, if it says toy inside, your child gets a blow up crayon.

Then they took a 15 minute break, while we sat in a sweltering, squished room, so they could get everyone to come up and spend $5.00 to get a photo with a crocodile or snake.

Then they stopped to sell the balloons you could have won earlier with buying peanuts.

All in all this meant that kids went home unhappy they did not get one or all of those items, because all kids wanted all things.

The show in between was mediocre at best, no lions. The animals in the show, that I saw was a horse, a miniature horse and a camel? Am I leaving anything out? They ran around in circles nicely, waved and jumped a small board. Not exactly a circus act in my book.

After arriving home, having a cocktail or two, this all seems to have been a very nice evening.

However Im leaving out the best part. As I sat there nicely taking up my own space in front of me sat a VERY large man. Ive nothing against large people until they sit in front of me and dont realize that their huge rear is embedding my knee and my knee is hot between his butt cushion and Ive had enough of his wiggling his big butt with my knee imbedded in there, so thence I finally tell the man enough. EXCUSE ME! That was all I said, and thence my knee was released back to the freedom it has always enjoyed and never appreciated.

Cherry Blossom

S,,M,,I,,L,,E

Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  8:16:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Back from the circus. Took 3 teenagers there and came home with 0. Wow how did I manage that? LOL 5 o'clock show saw Shucks, Samantha Blue and sat with Cherry Blossom. As we were leaving saw Pamac and Purple Iris. Seems like I saw more but cant remember. Oh wait, saw Elizabeth too. Ran into Mrs. Ruby Collins there. Boy she hasnt changed one bit. For those who dont know her, she was a substitute teacher back in the day with fire red hair always pulled in a bun at the back of her neck. It still was too. She even recognized me.

Circus was ok I guess. 3 tigers outside never came in for the show (bummer), camel rides and show, billy goat show, clowns, fire eating, juggler, balancing act, and a girl who hoola hooped, twirled in the air by her head, and rode a bicycle on this thingy on her dad's shoulders. Ok show like I said but way too pricey. Wish there had been more animal acts too.

GrayEagle

USA
9966 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  9:11:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrayEagle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just wondering.
Other than seeing folks you know, was there anything anyone liked or enjoyed about the circus?

GrayEagle
<:))))<><
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  9:16:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About the only thing I liked was the girl swinging around by her head. Well, she hoola hooped good too. Yep, that girl was about the best of all of it.

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2007 :  10:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, no now, though I was grossed out by the man drinking gasoline and it's smell, bugger thought that was fascinating, hope he does not try that at home! The flame thrower.

All I could think about was his teeth, brushing them and his poor wife who has to kiss someone who does that. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Cherry Blossom

S,,M,,I,,L,,E

Go to Top of Page

pamac1

USA
511 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  07:50:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We stood in line to get tickets for a long time only to be told the 7:30 show was sold out and there would be another one at 9:30. Too late for the 3 year old that was with us. From the sounds of it, though, they did us a favor and saved us some money by not having tickets for us! Doesn't sound like much of a show at all.

Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  10:00:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
UMMMM Pamac you had a 3 year old with you? Hmmmm Never saw the child. Sorry you didnt get in. I know the Mr. was looking forward to cotton candy. LOL

pamac1

USA
511 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  10:32:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PCM, she was looking at the animals with her mom and dad... as far as the cotton candy, I was the little piggy and bogarted almost the entire thing, lol.

Go to Top of Page

HoneyBee

USA
4364 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2007 :  11:03:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Lilred went with a friend. came home with overprices stuff that will lay in the floor of her room until I throw it out. She said that the fire eater would probably end up with lung cancer. She enjoyed riding the camel.

Whe my kids were little I took lilred and her brother and itwas really good with the tigers and such but still expensive.

Wonder what they would have done if all the parents dumped their kids off for free and left them????

It's a gimmick.

Luke 6:27,28Go to Top of Page

swissroger

USA
7923 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2007 :  12:22:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit swissroger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sounds that circus wasent that nice. was never in one in usa but some in swiss and one in russia.

wonder how many people will go back to see sutch again if theyr or others back in town.

how big was the tent?

i try to make my knives&tools foolproove but its impossible, because fools are so ingenious...Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy