New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 34 visitors.

All Forums
 Events Calendar
 July 14:Copperhead Lodge Concert benefits S.A.F.E.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  07:13:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Fwd: from S.A.F.E. (looks like a lot of fun!)

Once again, Support in Abusive Family Emergencies, Inc. has been selected as a beneficiary for an upcoming community event. Copperhead Lodge is hosting a concert with country musician Jeff Bates on Saturday, July 14, at their outdoor amphitheatre and a portion of the proceeds will benefit S.A.F.E.

Gates open at noon, and local entertainment will start around 4 p.m. Jeff Bates will start playing around 6 p.m. For a sample of what to expect at the concert, visit "jeffbatesjunkies" on MySpace.Tickets are $25 in advance, and you get two free tickets with the purchase of three IF you buy the tickets prior to the day of the concert (Thats 5 for the price of 3!!!). Tickets can be purchased at Copperhead Lodge, 171 Copperhead Parkway in Blairsville, or online at Copperheadlodge.com. Tickets are $28 at the gate on the day of the concert.

How can you help support S.A.F.E. with this event? Thats easy! You can:

1. Go to the concert and or tell people you know about the concert (or simply forward this e-mail!). Make sure they understand that in addition to the great entertainment and atmosphere at the concert, they will get the satisfaction of knowing they have helped support victims of domestic abuse, child abuse, and sexual abuse in our community!

2. Sign up to sell raffle tickets for a free membership to Copperhead Lodge at the S.A.F.E. table the day of the concert. We will need coverage from noon until about 8 p.m., and hope to have volunteers man the table for two hour increments. We will need at least two people at the table at all times.

3. Distribute flyers around town prior to the concert. Just 20 flyers would help get the word out.

4. Buy a raffle ticket for a chance to win a free membership to Copperhead Lodge. Its only $5, and ALL of the money collected for the raffle goes to S.A.F.E.

5. All of the above!!!

For more info rmation about the Jeff Bates concert on July 14, call Copperhead Lodge at 706-745-8000 or Kim Klaas at 706-379-1901. Get out and have some fun its for a good cause!

"You are the gatekeeper of your own mind, be receptive to those good thoughts"

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  09:08:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sincerely hope that a lot of locals attend this event and change their minds about Copperhead. They seem to still think this place is member's only or elite or something. Their first concert was a huge success but every one after that has dwindled down to very few locals attending. That's such a shame too cause the lodge has so much to offer.

God makes the lightning Bikers make the thunder
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak .
Go to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3621 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  09:15:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to go to this..Jeff Bates' voice...oh my!!! :) ..but, I have to work next Saturday.
I too hope a lot of people will come out for this..not only is it for a good cause, but also like PCM said, the folks that do show up, will see that The Lodge is a decent place.

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life..♫
~ Red Auerbach ~

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  10:40:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I work on Saturday also, but I sure hope that people show up and have a great time.

Because if the same 50 people show up, 1/2 of nothing will be going to SAFE.

I'm hoping it's a real hit and people taste some of their good food and get a clue, this place is fun.

Cherry Blossom

S,,M,,I,,L,,E

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  11:42:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

If you go to Copperhead Lodge to pick up tickets before Sat. They have a special.  Buy 3 tickets & get 5 FREE!!!  Y'all have to go pick up tickets & help S.A.F.E. out!!!! (& also have a great time out there!)

Kids under 12, free

"You are the gatekeeper of your own mind, be receptive to those good thoughts"Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  12:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a great deal! Too bad my husband has to work. Maybe my mom and her husband can go.

If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you to.Go to Top of Page

Safe Supporter

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  10:39:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Safe Supporter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This will be an awesome concert! Jeff Bates has a great voice, and he's a meth survivor turned thriver.

What better way to give back to the community while also having a lot of fun!! Part of the proceeds go to help S.A.F.E. provide programs and services for victims of domestic abuse, child abuse and sexual abuse in our community.

Copperhead Lodge is a great place to enjoy a concert, too. It's really beautiful out there, and lots to do. Good food, fun, and entertainment.

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  9:13:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I have to tell you that I bought my tickets today & the guy who I talked to yesterday told me the WRONG info!!! It's still buy 3, get 2 free.  Kids UNDER 5 get in free.

I'm not bothered by the extra free tickets I was told about (it's goes to S.A.F.E. ,so that's cool with me).  But, the kids...hmmmm!  I'm getting a babysitter for tomorrow night. They'd be bored to the gore & wanting to go home before the main event.

I got my tickets today and looking forward to going.

BTW, Copperhead lodge looks like a great place & venue.  I'm discouraged about buying a membership there because they don't allow kids in the pool on the weekends.  I'm not paying $900 to have that non-deal!

"You are the gatekeeper of your own mind, be receptive to those good thoughts"Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  09:20:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately I hear it's going to rain, that would be such a shame, if that ruined the concert.

Maddy when it's not crowded they allowed everyone in the pool, even non members, we did not go, but there were kids in there.

I hear Thursdays they have a adult pool party.

Cherry Blossom

S,,M,,I,,L,,E

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  10:49:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

30% chance of early showers doesn't deter me at all!  Rain or shine, tickets are still good for a concert.  Not going to melt & it goes to a good cause!!!!!

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  11:11:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's clearing up out there, hope ya'll have a fantastic time.

Cherry Blossom

S,,M,,I,,L,,E

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  10:14:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So how was it?

Cherry Blossom

S,,M,,I,,L,,E

Go to Top of Page

mad4martinis

USA
13730 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  11:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The concert was great!  S.A.F.E. raised a good bit of $$ too.  A good showing of folks and a lot of fun!

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  07:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so glad to hear that Maddy!

Cherry Blossom

S,,M,,I,,L,,E

Go to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3621 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  3:01:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear that Maddy...smile

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life..♫
~ Red Auerbach ~

Go to Top of Page

Safe Supporter

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  1:48:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Safe Supporter's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Fwd: from S.A.F.E. (looks like a lot of fun!)

Once again, Support in Abusive Family Emergencies, Inc. has been selected as a beneficiary for an upcoming community event. Copperhead Lodge is hosting a concert with country musician Jeff Bates on Saturday, July 14, at their outdoor amphitheatre and a portion of the proceeds will benefit S.A.F.E.

Gates open at noon, and local entertainment will start around 4 p.m. Jeff Bates will start playing around 6 p.m. For a sample of what to expect at the concert, visit "jeffbatesjunkies" on MySpace.Tickets are $25 in advance, and you get two free tickets with the purchase of three IF you buy the tickets prior to the day of the concert (Thats 5 for the price of 3!!!). Tickets can be purchased at Copperhead Lodge, 171 Copperhead Parkway in Blairsville, or online at Copperheadlodge.com. Tickets are $28 at the gate on the day of the concert.

How can you help support S.A.F.E. with this event? Thats easy! You can:

1. Go to the concert and or tell people you know about the concert (or simply forward this e-mail!). Make sure they understand that in addition to the great entertainment and atmosphere at the concert, they will get the satisfaction of knowing they have helped support victims of domestic abuse, child abuse, and sexual abuse in our community!

2. Sign up to sell raffle tickets for a free membership to Copperhead Lodge at the S.A.F.E. table the day of the concert. We will need coverage from noon until about 8 p.m., and hope to have volunteers man the table for two hour increments. We will need at least two people at the table at all times.

3. Distribute flyers around town prior to the concert. Just 20 flyers would help get the word out.

4. Buy a raffle ticket for a chance to win a free membership to Copperhead Lodge. Its only $5, and ALL of the money collected for the raffle goes to S.A.F.E.

5. All of the above!!!

For more info rmation about the Jeff Bates concert on July 14, call Copperhead Lodge at 706-745-8000 or Kim Klaas at 706-379-1901. Get out and have some fun its for a good cause!

"You are the gatekeeper of your own mind, be receptive to those good thoughts"

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  2:16:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's past July 14th, I'm confused...

Cherry Blossom

S,,M,,I,,L,,E

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy