New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 60 visitors.
 All Forums
 Events Calendar
 Summer Concerts at Copperhead Lodge...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Page: 
of 2
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2007 :  4:55:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just thought it would be nicer if they could start around 7 or 8 pm. Then it wouldn't be so hot outside. I can't stand hot weather.

Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  3:16:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We went to the Battle of the Bands for a few hours, it was fine, but it was hot and not enough were there to pay for their expense. Not nearly enough.

The owner said they paid $20k for Keith Anderson to be there and only 50 people showed up.

For Keith Anderson? UGH! That is very, very sad.

Cherry Blossom

S,,M,,I,,L,,E

Go to Top of Page

coosa creek

USA
39313 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  3:45:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No body wants to sit out in the hot sunshine!! That is sad, that they lost so much money. I would go if it was held at nighttime.

Go to Top of Page

paprclip22mom

USA
8177 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2007 :  4:03:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is sad isnt it. Mostly the poor crowd is because the locals wont come out. They have this bad misconception that it's a private resort and that's just not the truth. If more locals would come they might even have more and more bands for us to see.

I tried to get out there this morning but the car isnt acting right so I thought I'd better not chance it. Glad you went and had a good time Cherry.

God makes the lightning Bikers make the thunder
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak .
Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  10:32:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of the events start too early in the day for working people to get home and ready to go before they start. Maybe that's part of the problem.

Also, they seem to be backpeddling on who their target clientel is. At first, they wanted to be a biker attraction and now they've done a 180 and want to attract locals. They don't do too good on advertisements of the concerts. If you don't see a newspaper or look at their website you would never know it existed. They need marketing.

If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you to.Go to Top of Page

Cherry Blossom

USA
18932 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  07:06:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been on the radio everyday.

I hear the commercials all the time.

Cherry Blossom

S,,M,,I,,L,,E

Go to Top of Page

puddin pop

USA
4628 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  07:46:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess I don't hear it since I only listen to satellite radio. Obviously they need to do more.

The concert times are too early is the main trouble we have. Are the concerts outside? That may be another thing people don't like.

I don't know the answer, maybe it will just take time.

If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your wife told you to.

Edited by - puddin pop on 07/07/2007 07:59:23 AMGo to Top of Page

Topic is 2 Pages Long:
  1  2

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy