New Page 1
On Facebook | Twitter: @blairsville_com | Online Forums | About The Site | Contact Us | What's New! | Keyword:  
We Support Our Troops
Home   Happenings   Drop By...   Stay Awhile...   About Blairsville

Username:
Password:

Save Password
Please review our Usage Policies.

No members are currently in the forums and 5 visitors.

All Forums
 Scratch Pad
 Other People's Pictures
 New Topic  Reply to Topic

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Admin

USA
1484 Posts
Blairsville.com Administrator

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  8:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Please remember that you cannot post a picture that someone else took to the forums unless you have permission from the owner of that picture or the picture is part of the public domain.  This includes getting a picture from another website and "adding" it to your post here.  Doing so may be copyright infringment and you may be liable for doing so and is a violation of BoeBro Ventures, Inc.'s Usage Policies on all websites. 

If you are a content owner and feel that your copyright has been violated, please see our DMCA page for our Notice and Take-down procedure.

Admin

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  8:10:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The same rule applies to all copyrighted material (books, movies, music, etc.) - we're merely mentioning pictures now because the new editor allows you to add pictures to your posts that you have a right to use.

Please note that this topic does not attempt to provide or contain any legal advice but rather is a reminder that using the image feature may cause a violation of copyright law and the Usage Policy.
Go to Top of Page
topaz

USA
3620 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  8:23:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Question..
Do 'public' photobucket sites violate the Usage Policy??  Anyone that uses photobucket, has the option to make their 'album' public or private..just wondering about this..??

"I use to have a handle on life, but it broke off.."
~*Topaz*~Go to Top of Page

Admin

USA
1484 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  8:32:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Unfortunately we aren't able to tell you specifically whether or not certain pictures are copyrighted or public domain.  But, it's not safe to assume that just because the picture is on a "public" website somewhere else that the person would permit it be displayed on another website.  If you know who owns the copyright in the picture, you would have to ask them whether or not it can be used.

A post with a picture would violate the usage policy if it infringes on a copyright (among many other reasons provided in the policy).

Go to Top of Page

topaz

USA
3620 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  8:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hmmmm...is there any way to check on a photobucket picture to tell if it's copyrighted?? 
If you right click on the pic and check properties, reckon it will take you to the original site???

"I use to have a handle on life, but it broke off.."
~*Topaz*~Go to Top of Page

IluvGa.

United States
236 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  11:16:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit IluvGa.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mr. Bill,
I have the pictures in my photobucket. How can I get them to the forum?

Kimmy, God is good all the time.Go to Top of Page

Mr Bill

USA
1390 Posts
Local Business Leader

Posted - 04/23/2009 :  1:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mr Bill's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Please see my response here: http://www.blairsville.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5593&whichpage=2

Go to Top of Page

New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:

Blairsville, Georgia - home in the North GA Mountains

2002-2007 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000

2002-2009 BoeBro Ventures, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Usage Policy